In short, our curriculum intends that:
- We are safe.
- We are inclusive.
- We are ambitious.
- We provide opportunity for all student to make progress over time.
- We live out our school values.
- We are part of our community.
- We meet the National Curriculum.
- We provide for the local opportunities while also expanding horizons.
- We provide a 3-year KS3 with a curriculum sequenced to a robust set of qualifications that open doors to next steps.
- We provide a core of learning in literacy and numeracy.
Download the New National Curriculum for England Framework.
Key Stage 3: Years 7 – 9
All students study the following subjects:
- English (including Drama)
- Modern Foreign Languages (Spanish)
- Cumbria Award
- Industry Projects
- Technology (including Food Technology)
- Personal Development
- Religious Studies
Key Stage 4: Years 10 – 11
All students continue to study a core of subjects:
- AQA GCSE English Literature
- AQA GCSE English Language
- EDEXCEL GCSE Maths
- AQA GCSE Biology
- AQA GCSE Chemistry
- AQA GCSE Physics
In addition to compulsory subjects, students choose further courses from:
- AQA GCSE History
- OCR GCSE Geography
- AQA GCSE Spanish
- AQA GCSE Art
- Eduquas GCSE Design Technology
- WJEC Vocational Award in Hospitality and Catering (Level 1/2)
- TQUK Level 1/2 Certificate in Design Engineering and Construction (The Built Environment)
- Pearson BTEC Sport
NB: Subjects for options will depend on demand in any one year and are under constant review